Monday, November 11, 2013

Goodbye EcoTraining...advanced birding & Graduation


All too soon my days of backing up at Makuleke came to an end, it is was time for my advanced birding course and graduation. It was fantastic to be re-united with my old course buddies, and we had a brilliant time on the birding course with Duncan McKenzie. I am very proud to be one of only three people who passed advanced birding - I am now officially a bird geek! Next it was graduation, and Dad, Rose-Line and Aunty Merry came up for the three day celebration weekend. I took them on walks and drives, showing them the area and also what I had learnt! Graduation itself was a lovely boma dinner and certificate giving ceremony, followed by fine-giving for the year, which ultimately meant drinking out of stinky vellies!!!

There are no words really I can use to sum up my year with EcoTraining, but it was truly the best decision I ever made to do the course and I absolutely loved every minute of it. I can't wait to put all my new skills into use and work as a professional field guide!

Advanced birding!
L to R back: Guy, George, Ed, Henry, Ricky, Angus
L to R front: Alweet, Ella, Me, Marianne, Elsa, Skooby, Duncan

A final sunset and goodbye with friends we will keep forever...
L to R; Mike, Rhodes, Elsa, Skooby, Me, Marianne, Blade, Angus, George, Ed, Guy, Henry, Ricky
Will miss you all so much xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment